What Is EZBorrow?
EZBorrow is an expedited interlibrary loan service that allows you to borrow books from 60+ research and academic libraries throughout New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and West Virginia.
How It Works
STEP 1: Click on the light blue button above.
- All Cooper Union students, faculty and staff are eligible to use the service.
STEP 2: Select Cooper Union from the list of institutions and sign in with your Cooper email.
- If you are already signed in to your Cooper account, you will go directly to your EZBorrow account.
STEP 3: Search for the book you want to request.
- The Advanced Search link leads to additional search fields, options, and tips.
- If the book is available at The Cooper Union Library, the request will be declined automatically, so be sure to check the library's catalog before making a request through EZBorrow.
- While EZBorrow does include the libraries of NYU and The New School , it is still possible (not to mention faster and greener) to simply walk over and check out the book you need from our neighborhood consortium libraries.
STEP 4: Click on the dark blue Request button.
- On the confirmations screen, leave the Cooper Circulation Desk your pick-up location and ignore the "Date needed by" field. It won't get the book faster and it may get your request canceled.
STEP 5: Check your Cooper Union email account for confirmation and updates on the status of your request.
- EZBorrow libraries are committed to responding to requests within 48 hours, which means you will usually receive your book in a week.
PROTIP: If you are working on a public computer, be sure to log out of the system so the next person to use the computer doesn't request a book on your account.
What Else You Need to Know
- EZBorrow books are checked out to borrowers for 16 weeks, essentially, the length of an academic semester. Unfortunately, the books cannot be renewed and may be recalled if a library needs the book for reserves. Please pay attention to the email notifications you receive to avoid late fines.
Blue Book Band
- EZBorrow books come with a blue book band. Do us a solid and do not remove the blue band. It helps participating libraries distinguish EZBorrow books from others for priority processing.
Requesting Other (Non-Book) Formats
- At this time, EZBorrow is only used to request books from other libraries. If you need an journal article, conference paper, or something else, please continue to use our Item Request Form.
Fines and Fees
- Individual borrowers are responsible for any fines or fees relating to lost or recalled books, so be sure to return your EZBorrow books on time and intact!