Folder 1: Alumni Association Minutes (bound volume)
The Minutes of The Cooper Union Alumni Association, March 5, 1898 to April 16, 1910, Alfred Ostraader, Recording Secretary 1898.
Folder 2: Alumni Association Certificate of Incorporation
Certificate filed at the County Clerk's office New York City, December 14, 1896; filed Secretary of State's Office of Albany, NY, December 18, 1896.
Folder 3: Alumni Association: Reports of Attendance
Reports of Attendance, June 28 to December 31, 1895
Filed by Attendant Charles Daugherty, 103 Charles St., New York, NY
Folder 4: Alumni Association Correspondence re Donation
Letter and postmarked envelope from Mrs. Donald E. Salt to Cooper Union College in regard to donating The Cooper Union Alumni Association records found in her home. Letter dated March 20, 1960, postmarked March 28, 1960.
Folder 5: Alumni Association Pamphlets/Programs
1. Program for the Annual Banquet of the Cooper Union Alumni Association, Hotel Manhattan February 12, 1902. Includes Menu, Committee Members, Toasts, and portrait of Peter Cooper.
2. Program (with envelope) for the Annual Banquet of The Cooper Union Alumni Association, Thursday, February 12, 1914, Hotel Manhattan, NYC. Includes Cooper Union Alumni Association, Toasts, Menu, Banquet Committee, and signatures
3. (pamphlet) The Technique of Accountics, [sic.] A Symposium: Questions One to Twenty, Specially Selected By Leading Professionals, Designed To Elucidate The Scientific Principles of Practical Accounting. Published: New York, J.H. Goodwin, 1899
Folder 6: Alumni Association Memorandum
Memorandum leaflet: "For the Alumni: Cooper Union for the Advancement of Science and Art was founded by Peter Cooper to enable those who earn their living in the day to improve themselves by instruction during the evening....” 1 page.
Folder 7: Plans for Marble and Bronze Tablet to be donated by Alumni Association to Cooper Union
Drawing for marble tablet with bronze insert, by W. Chaskell, Architect.
Tablet text: “In Commemoration of the 100th Anniversary of The Birth of Peter Cooper by The Cooper Union Alumni Association and The Students of The Cooper Union, Feb. 8, A.D. MDCCCXCI, Whatsoever Things Are True.” February 8, 1891.
Drawing dimensions: 15 ½ x 19 ½
Folder 8: Alumni Association Annual Report
Annual Report of the Board of Directors for 1898, A. L. Ostraader, Secretary, February 13, 1899
Folder 9: Class of 1897
1. Letter from Francis J. Ryan, Secretary and Treasurer, to The Cooper Union Alumni, New York, June 9th, 1894 announcing the formation of the class organization.
2. Constitution and By-Law Committee Report of the organization known as "the Class of '97, of the Cooper Union School of Science"
3. List of class officers with addresses, Executive Committee, and members of Class Cay ('97), 1st and 2nd sections
These papers are held in the Cooper Union Archives and Special Collections, 7 East 7th Street, New York, NY 10003.
Archives materials are available to interested researchers by appointment only.
Please contact Katie Blumenkrantz, Archives Librarian:
The Cooper Union Library
7 E 7th St.
New York, NY