The Foundation Building
  historic views: structural details   
Original design, 1853-1859:
  Frederick A. Peterson
Alterations and additions, 1891:   Leopold Eidlitz

  The photographs on this page were taken during the first stages of the 1972-1974 renovation.   
   click on image to view larger format    
  post and beam   support column
  diagonal beam   diagonal beam
  round elevator shaft   rolled iron beams
  air vents: Great Hall   ventilation system: Great Hall
  basement: detail   basement: detail

The Cooper Archives

     Peter Cooper  
    Historical Documents  
  last updated January 20, 2011