The Foundation Building
  historic views: exterior   
Original design, 1853-1859:
  Frederick A. Peterson
Alterations and additions, 1891:   Leopold Eidlitz

  The photographs on this page were taken during the first stages of the 1972-1974 renovation.   
   click on image to view larger format    
     southwest corner      south façade
  southeast corner   detail: east façade
  northwest corner   detail: west façade
  northwest corner from Astor Place   Bowery from south façade

The Cooper Archives

     Peter Cooper  
    Historical Documents  
  last updated August 3, 2004